Location & Dates
University of California, San Diego
August 8-10, 2019
Housing accommodations are located in the Village East Apartments on the UC San Diego Campus at the Village at Torrey Pines neighbourhood, one of the University’s newest communities. The Village at Torrey Pines is located approximately 0.6mile/1km walk from the Price Center, where talks will be held. Located just a few miles from La Jolla’s famous beaches, shopping, and dining, the apartments feature modern amenities, full kitchens, contemporary décor, and are within easy walking distance of everything on campus. Apartments do not have air-conditioning.
We have negotiated the following pricing for AHS19 attendees, which include overnight accommodations and three meals per day.
- Private Bedroom in a Shared Apartment – $100.09/person/night
- Private Apartment (Single Occupancy) – $183.09/person/night
An additional non-refundable $20.00 administration fee is added to each reservation.
Private Bedroom in a Shared Apartment will have one occupant per bedroom and you will share one bathroom and living spaces. Shared apartments in on-campus housing are organized with up to four (4) persons of the same gender identity. You will be able to request specific apartment-mates during the registration process.
Private Apartment is for a single occupant in an apartment unit and will have access to all four bedrooms, bathroom, and living spaces (no apartment-mates).
If you are part of a couple who would like to be housed in an apartment with only yourselves as occupants, both must select Private Bedroom and indicate each other’s names in the Apartment Mate/Roommate field. This will ensure that both individuals receive a meal plan.
Included in the nightly housing rate:
- Three meals per day at the local dining unit. Meals start with lunch on your day of arrival, and finish with breakfast on the day of your departure
- All tax included
- Full-size kitchen and appliances
- Beds made upon arrival with one (1) blanket and one (1) pillow
- One (1) set of towels that can be refreshed upon request during stay
- Clothing hangers, portable fan, and toiletries
- Kitchen sets, TV/limited cable, iron and ironing board
- Coffeemaker, coffee/tea and beverage amenities
- Service includes cleaning of common areas and trash removal every other day
- Wireless internet (wired connection not guaranteed)
Not included in housing rate:
- Parking (permits are sold separately and will be available to purchase in advance starting May of 2019)
- Air-conditioning in housing area
The last day to register for on-campus housing is July 22, 2019
More details on nearby food offerings and on-campus dining will be available soon. The above accommodations include three meals per day in campus dining facilities.
Driving Directions to Accommodations from San Diego International Airport
START: San Diego International Airport, 3225 N Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101, USA
- Get on I-5 N from N Harbor Dr
9 min (3.5 mi)
- Follow I-5 N to Genesee Ave. Take exit 29 from I-5 N
10 min (11.2 mi)
- Continue on Genesee Ave. Drive to N Torrey Pines Rd
3 min (1.2 mi)
END: The Village, 2202 Scholars Dr N, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Details about parking near the Price Center for day commuters and near the Village for overnight guests will be available in the coming months.